Along with several other Disney+ Day announcements, a trailer has been released for Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return, a behind-the-scenes documentary about Ewan McGregor’s hit Disney+ series. The new documentary will come to the platform on September 8 and will give a detailed look behind the production and making of this year’s new addition to the Star Wars franchise that brought Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen back to the franchise after almost two decades.

The Disney+ Original was announced today with the following synopsis:

Check out the trailer below.

“With never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage, colorful personal stories and meaningful moments, “Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return” showcases the making of Lucasfilm’s original limited series for Disney+, “Obi-Wan Kenobi,” an epic story that begins 10 years after the dramatic events of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.” This insightful documentary from Lucasfilm and Supper Club explores the return of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker to the screen—and Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen to their respective classic roles. Director Deborah Chow, cast and crew reflect on their journey to tell a new story with iconic Star Wars characters Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Vader and Princess Leia, while introducing new heroes and villains into the saga along the way. Complete with visits to the creature shop, props department and more, “Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return” features the side of filmmaking that makes Star Wars so unique—the respect and passion for the generation-spanning legacy and the beloved characters.”

MOVIEWEB VIDEO OF THE DAY

Obi-Wan Kenobi Broke The Mandalorian’s Premiere Viewership

     Disney Platform Distribution  

At the time, Ewan McGregor thanked fans for watching the debut of the series in a message that said, “This weekend, Star Wars fans made Obi-Wan Kenobi the most watched Disney+ original series premiere of all time and for that I would say a big thank you and it just goes to show what this family can do when we all pull together.”

The series had many reasons for fans to tune in, with the long-awaited return of both McGregor and Christensen in their iconic prequel roles of Kenobi and Darth Vader, respectively, being the prime reason. For those who followed the series, they were treated to two face-offs between the broken Jedi and his former student, including the epic finale battle that proved why it had been imperative to the series to have Christensen back to play Vader.

There has still been no confirmation of whether there will be another season of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but what has been made clear is that fan demand was enough to warrant another season if a suitable story is there to be told. For now, the whole series of Obi-Wan Kenobi is available on Disney+ and will be joined by the new documentary on September 8.